Since 2011 I have been teaching my own cello class at the Hochschule für Musik und darstellende Kunst (HfMDK) in Frankfurt, which has now grown and developed into a group of twelve BA and MA students as well as junior pupils. I place value on a well-founded training, including regular concerts, full class lessons and seminars on topics as stage fright, performance training and bodywork. I also invite everyone interested to visit and listen in my class.
Current projects are for example additional weekend classes on topics such as stage fright, Alexander technique or breathing lessons with renowned guest lecturers. A main emphasis in musical education lays on inspiration that comes from inspirational musical personalities. Therefore we invited Professor Schwab to a master class in 2018 and Daniel Müller-Schott as a guest lecturer in 2019.
2022 Anssi Karttunen will be there for a 3-day-masterclass concentrating on contemporary cello repertoire.
Masterclass Cello-Tage Schlitz
14. March – 18. March 2022
As successor of the Cellotage Kassel this very famous masterclass will be held in Landesmusikakademie Hessen/Schlitz under my artistic direction.
Lessons – Exchange – Lectures – Audition Training – Concerts
Five intense days with six renowned and experienced Cello-Professors:
Sabine Krams, Prof.Susanne Müller-Hornbach, Emanuel Wehse, Prof.Josef Schwab, Peter Wolf and Prof.Jan Ickert.
Alexander-Technique lessons can be booked extra with Valentin Keogh.
Masterclass Schloßakademie Hamburg
28. March – 02. April 2022
This exclusive mastercllass takes place in the beautiful old villa located in Hamburg-Rahlstedt.
I am invited for the third time to this masterclass and look forward to an intense week of teaching with the great Andrej Vinichenko at the piano.
1. August – 10. August 2022
For the fourth time i am invited to this masterclass: a pittoresque Location in Bavaria, a very friendly atmosphere with daily lessons and lots of student concerts.
My colleagues are: Prof. Roland Glassl und Prof. Christoph Schickedanz.
-The Student Sinem Karasu won the audition for the “Presidential Symphony Orchestra of Ankara” in May 2021. This orchestra was founded in 1826 and is the biggest and most renowned orchestra of Turkey.
– Pauline Spiegel won the audition in June 2021 for the “Orchester der Vereinigten Bühnen” in Vienna.
– The student Julia Panzer won the audition for a temporary substitute in the “HR Symphony Orchestra” in November 2021.
The Student Raquel Rivera Novillo won the audition for the “Orchesterakademie Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden” in July 2021.
– The Student John Mackenroth won the 1st prize (ex aequo) in the “International Bach-Competition” in Posen (Poland) in November 2021.
– Jonas Klepper won 1st prize in the “International Worldvision Contest” 2021, as well as the graduate Milan Drake.
The pre-college-student Lukas Neuhof was awarded with 2nd prize.
– The Master-graduate Mara Botmane is constant member of the “Sinfonietta Riga” since the season 2019/20.
– Julia Panzer, Lucia Falcioni, Paul Winter and John Mackrenroth are funded for two years by the Deutschlandstipendium.
– Janis Marquard received the 2nd prize at the “International Brahms Competition” in 2018 and two special awards in the chamber music category for his performance as a member of the Arcon-Trio (together with David Marquard – violin and Julius Asal – piano).
-The student Julia Panzer won the audition in June 2022 for the orchestra academy at Staatstheater Darmstadt
-The Student John Mackenroth is member of the teaching staff of “Musikschule Filderstadt” since 2021.
– Pauline Spiegel won the audition for the “JdPH” in 2017 as well as a one-year-internship at the “Staatstheater Darmstadt” for the 2017/2018 season. From the new season 2018/2019 on she has been a junior member (“Akademistin”) of the “HR Symphony Orchestra” after she played a successful audition.
– Alexios Tassis won his audition for the “EUYO” in autumn 2017.
– Rémi Wjuniski won the audition for the “JdPH” in 2017 and started a one-year-internship after a successful audition at the “Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz” for the season 2018/2019.
– Janis Marquard received a temporary contract for the “orchestra of the Oper Frankfurt” for the season 2019/2020.
– Jonas Klepper won the audition for the orchestra of the “Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival” in 2019.
– Calvin Wong won the “International Hongkong-Italy Music Competition” in 2018.
–Lucia Falcioni teaches since September 2019 as cello teacher at “Musikschule Butzbach”.
– Esdras Campos, a former student, is solo cellist of the “Orchestra Bahia Blanca”.